Wednesday, February 22, 2012

On a roll..but unfortunately not with the book.

We finished pressure washing the deck and front porch today. It looks like a new deck! Now we have to get busy staining. There's still so much to do! To think, the huge wrap-around deck was something we liked when we bought this house. What a pain in the patootie it's become. It'll be nice for summer, though.

I wanted to start staining, but the contractor we have pressure-washing the rest of the house saw me and stopped me from doing any more. He was worried all my stain would run when he got it wet in a few minutes. So much for staining! I'll get back to it soon, but I needed a break anyway. I've been outside working for the last seven hours, minus a short break for lunch. I've got a headache from the ridiculous amount of noise two pressure washing machines can make. At least staining will be a quiet activity.

The repetitive motion of all this work is great for thinking, though. I can totally zone out from the physical work and work on plot development. Since I've just started the new book, I really need to focus on what's going on with the story. I'd like to reread what I've already written, but I think I'm sticking to the right track with my distracted musings.

I've got to go get the kid from school, completely grubbified. She'll be humiliated when she sees me, I'm sure. I'm wet from the knees down, covered with muddy spatters, and my hair's completely hat-headified.

I refused to go to bed last night until I had at least 1,000 words for the day, so I actually have an update!

Words: 8,051
Pages: 28

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about it: