Saturday, February 25, 2012

More stuff and things...

And just enough snow to wet the deck so we can't paint the blasted thing AGAIN! Maybe we'll have it done by summer time at this rate.

We finally took the last boxes of Christmas decorations back to the garage. They'd been clogging up the guest room floor for months, and it's good to get them out of the way at long last. Now I just have to get the rest of the junk out of that room, and then maybe we'll be able to have actual guests! It's still home to the air hockey table and our violin stuff, but at this rate, that will all be in there forever. If only I had time to actually play the violin more often, it might actually be worth it to leave it set up that way.

I planned to sit down and write again today, but it hasn't happened yet. I swear it WILL happen though. We have a cookie booth this afternoon, and I plan to take the laptop with me. Hopefully I can get something done there. I don't think anyone will complain if there's an active intellectual pursuit going on at a GS cookie booth. Maybe it'll even attract some customers. Who knows?

I did manage to write some last night. I forgot Lulu had a school dance, and between driving her to the dance and then returning an hour and a half later to pick her up, I had a total of fifteen minutes during which I could write. Of course, I didn't bother. I ended up playing games on my cell phone instead. Not the responsible adult thing to do, but I don't care. I ended up with a handful of new words, and some edited stuff to boot for yesterday.

Words: 10,253
Pages: 35

 So I finally broke into five digits on the word count. I was so pleased to see it. Anyway, I'm off to the word races again. I've got an hour and a half before I have to go fetch the cookies...

1 comment:

Tell me all about it: