Friday, March 2, 2012

Getting so much better, I forgot to blog

I finally had a chance to sit down and write something new, and I was shocked that two days passed without an entry here! I've been spending every free  moment at the computer rewriting novel #1 in the series, and really making it substantially better. I didn't realize how iffy it was. I hope I'm implementing the right changes in it, and actually making it into something someone would want to represent.

I always assumed revising would cut away the dead wood in a novel, but apparently it throws as much new kindling back on the pile as it removes. I'm scratching at the 100k word mark now, and I'm probably going to have to go back through it one more time after the revision to pull out all the excess baggage. Again.  I'd already edited this puppy like eight times, and now we're going for ten.

I won't get much more done today, since we've got a huge event planned for tonight, but it's enough to know that things are on track.

I was hoping to get it done in time to submit to the Pay it Forward contest on Janet Reid's blog, but I have a feeling I'll be pushing it to get it done in less than two weeks. I'm going to throw myself into it this weekend, though, and hopefully I'll still make the deadline...

Still, the depression of the rejection is past, and I'm back in industrious mode again. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about it: