Thursday, March 8, 2012

105,829

That's how many words I've got at this exact moment. It was more, but I'm 46 pages in to the edit, after the massive rewrite. It's amazing how many words I get to pull back out now! :)

Before I started this revision, I only had 96,000 words, so it's been a bit of a shock. I can't believe I left that much out before! This is the first time I've read through my own novel where I'm actually enjoying reading the story. I guess that's a good sign? I thought I was totally sick of it by now, but I'm glad I "fixed" it. 300 more pages to go.

My house is 100% painted. Yay! Now I just have to get out and finish the deck. I really don't want to do it until I'm done with my edit. It's too easy to use the deck as a distraction. A deckstraction? See, I'm doing it already. Really, though, even writing this blog and staring out the window are a fine distraction. I should be editing right now. But I'm not. I'm sitting here hoping the cat does something interesting. He's not.

Enough thumb twiddling! Back to work. I really am pleased with the revisions, though. I just hope the word count comes down to a more manageable level. I'll update at the end of the day. It's supposed to be 70 this afternoon, so I get to work outside again! :) If that's not an incentive to edit, I don't know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about it: