Friday, March 23, 2012

Angry Birds Ate My Day

I really like Angry Birds. Yesterday, the new Space version was released, so I played all the stinking levels that are currently available. I had to recharge my cell phone twice during the day, since I kept running the battery down. Hopefully I'll have a substantially more productive day today, since I don't have any more green pigs to kill.

I'm feeling remarkably de-stressed about all the non-writing things in my life right now. I was relieved of a huge responsibility, and it feels great. Suddenly, I can breathe again, and it wasn't even that big a change for me. It's remarkable how that can happen. I thought I was going to have this huge responsibility all summer long, but now I find that I'm not needed to take over on this huge volunteer project, so I can sit back and participate when I can, and don't have to worry about the rest. It's a big relief, and for some reason, I just feel lighter today. I love that.

TEDIOUS NOTES FOR ANYONE WHO CARES WHAT I'M WRITING (read: me and me alone):

I'm editing the second book (again), and I find it's not quite up to where I thought it was before I rewrote the first book--and not just because of the plot changes in the first book. I'm finding clunky sentences, repetitive language, and confusing dialogue. I know this strange loop could go on forever, but I'm going to redo book 1 after this, to make sure it's not this bad, and then do book 2 again, before starting up on the third again. I haven't even looked at that one in a while, but I only got 50 or so pages in before I stopped for the R&R on book 1. I can't even remember where I left off...

END TEDIOUS NOTES.

Back to editing the really gruesome end of a battle. What a way to start a Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, first of all, let me assure you that everytime I see that you have posted, I hope right over here. You know why? Because I do care how your writing is going. Because, once the book is out, you have a guaranteed sale here. Because, if you want it, once you are ready to promote your book, I would be honored to interview you for my blog. Because I am deep in the trenches of revising, too. Because those clunky sentences and repetitive words can be a morale killer. Because I believe in your dream!

    So, just to recap: (1) You keep writing; (2)We will keep reading your blog with eager anticipation; and (3) Let us know when we can buy your book.

    Deal?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it: