Monday, October 29, 2012

Rain, rain, go away.

So far Sandy hasn't succeeded in blowing us away.


funny gifs

In fact, it isn't really windy at all. Just rainy. We're still holding on.


funny gifs

Poor duckies!

I hope everyone in Sandy's way is all battened and hunkered. Good luck to you all.

I've got a big pot of chili and I've done just about everything possible to prepare. I've got my flashlights, lanterns, candles, and my weather radio. I've got a jacuzzi tub full of water, and two freezers full of ice. Both trucks are gassed up, and we're ready to use the fireplace if worse comes to worst. Have I forgotten anything? (before you answer, bear in mind I have plenty of cookies, twinkies, and candy. I have the ice cream on standby if the power goes out.)

Here's our current view of the lake. It's running a LOT higher than usual, and is as muddy as I've ever seen it. We've already had more than 4 inches of rain, and it all runs down into the lake. It's really a dammed river, so hopefully they'll be able to safely open the flood gates without flooding the lower-lying creeks and the Monocacy river downstream.

Seriously, everyone. I hope you're all holding up. Good luck to you all, and hopefully we'll all be here in the morning. Drop us a line and let me know you're still there! *clings to all my internetly friends* BE SAFE!

1 comment:

  1. Were fine down in GA. Hope you guys all stay safe! Everyone affected by the storm is in our thoughts...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me all about it: