Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Today's Bad Thing in my head: Migraine

Oh, the agony. I overslept the alarm this morning, and that usually only means one thing: I'm not well. Within fifteen minutes of waking up, I knew what was wrong. I had a migraine (and still have it). I get two varieties of migraine, either pure pain or mostly aura. This one was almost entirely aura. The pain goes in and out, but my vision has been wonky all day (seeing spots and lights where there aren't any, things going in and out of focus), I've been sick to my stomach, had ringing in my ears, and I've been generally exhausted. I'd much rather have a straight pain headache. At least I could take some Advil and be done with it.

Even with all this, I still managed to write today, which is amazing. Not a lot, and I'm still at it, but something.

Bright spots to the day (other than the imaginary ones floating inside my eyeballs):

Lulu had a homework assignment for English class that I found particularly interesting. Her class is reading the novel "Homecoming", and one of the questions on the worksheet she was given by the teacher asks for a three sentence synopsis of the entire novel. I found her at the downstairs computer puzzling over what the heck to write. She held up the book so I could see how long it is, and whined, "I have to sum up this huge book in only THREE SENTENCES!"

I laughed, and told her I understood her pain. I explained query writing to her, and gave her some pointers. She found them helpful enough to get the assignment done, at least.

Tomorrow night Helper Monkey and I are finally going to see the Avengers. I'm so excited about this, I can't stand it. Lulu is going to a camping weekend with the girl scouts. Frederick County canceled school Friday because of the G8 summit at Camp David. Apparently they think traffic will be bad enough around the summit that school buses will have a hard time getting kids to and from school in a timely manner. I sincerely hope not, but the roads in that part of the county aren't designed for traffic. It is in the middle of a National Park, after all. Not to mention the fact that the Frederick Airpark is supposed to be so crowded with incoming flights that we've been warned to avoid the area all around the place this weekend, if we can help it. Which I can't, since I live like two miles from it. Harumph...

The Gaithersburg Book Festival is this Saturday, and I'm looking forward to that, as well. I need some new books, and there are a lot of interesting authors speaking and signing books. I'm particularly looking forward to hearing Steve Ulfelder and Jenny Lawson (a.k.a. The Bloggess). I plan to wear a hat with a taxidermied bird on it. She'll appreciate the effort.

White = raspberry, yellow = honeysuckle.  mmmmmmm.
So since I'm so full of win for the next few days, I apologize in advance if this blog slides into the dustheap. I'll do my best, but....yep already too distracted. Please enjoy this photograph of the raspberry bushes and honeysuckle blooms by my back porch. Try to imagine the delicious aroma, and the abundance of berries we'll have in a month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me all about it: